Dining Services Manager
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of one (1) year experience in dining services in a long term care facility or other related medical facility.
Knowledge of dining services methods and equipment.
Ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
Ability to assist in menu development.
Ability to assist in ordering supplies and managing the departmental budget.
Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with residents, personnel and stakeholders.
Ability to lead and assist in supervision of assigned personnel.
Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and implement the day to day operations of Dining Services.
Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions
Numerical ability necessary for recipe preparation and measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals
Good motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various work routines such as lifting, pushing, pulling and moving equipment, supplies, etc.
Must have a telephone or designated contact phone number.
Ability to work flexible hours.
Ability to perform essential job functions.
Ability to speak, write and read English in an understandable manner.
Each employee is responsible to uphold the Mission, Vision and Core Values established by Grand JiVanté and to adhere to the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Food AND BEVERAGE COORDINATION
• Review and follow schedule for assigned shift and duties.
• Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment according to established Dining Services procedures and standards.
• Prepare, serve, and store foods and beverages according to Dining Services procedures and standards.
• Coordinate daily Dining Services with all other Grand JiVanté Services to meet resident needs.
• Replenish supplies and report supply and equipment needs to supervisor.
• Assist residents as needed.
• Report to supervisor or charge nurse any change in habits or physical appearance of residents.
• Use resources effectively and efficiently.
• Be knowledgeable of and follow Federal, State, and Grand JiVanté rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they apply to Dining Services.
• Complete any other duties as necessary/appropriate or as assigned.
Safety and Environmental Functions
• Maintain assigned work areas in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
• Assure that all established safety, infection control and universal precautions and procedures are followed when performing duties and when using equipment and supplies.
• Implement recommendations from the Infection Control and Safety Committees as necessary.
• Report all hazardous conditions or equipment, accidents and incidents according to established guidelines.
• Understand and comply with fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
• Assure that waste is disposed of daily and in accordance with established sanitation procedures.
• Perform job duties with a positive approach, communicating a willingness to work cooperatively as part of the Grand JiVanté Team and creating an atmosphere of warmth and community.
• Anticipate, identify and respond to the needs of others in a respectful and accommodating manner.
• Take initiative to plan, prioritize and follow through on responsibilities.
• Seek out, act on, and evaluate new ideas and solutions.
• Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with Grand JiVanté established policies and procedures, and as instructed by supervisor.
• Attend regularly. Report to work as scheduled. Report absences according to policy.
• Attend department and staff meetings.
• Complete in-service training as required in a timely manner.
• Participate in opportunities that enhance personal and professional growth.
• Maintain confidentiality of resident information per HIPAA regulations.
• Report reasonable suspicion of crime per established policy.
• Assure that the residents’ personal and property rights are maintained by assigned personnel.
• Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
Hazardous Exposure Category
No exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but potential for exposure in usual work. Employees performing Category II tasks don’t need to wear protective equipment, but they should be prepared to put on protective equipment on short notice.
Physical Requirements: Lifting Requirements
Medium work—Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements exceed those for light work.