• Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a housekeeping position in a long term care facility or other related medical facility.
• Knowledge of general housekeeping methods and equipment.
• Ability to lead and assist in the oversight of environmental services.
• Ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with residents, personnel and stakeholders.
• Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Numerical ability necessary for measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals.
• Good motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various work routines such as lifting, pushing, pulling and moving equipment, supplies, etc.
• Must have a telephone or designated contact phone number.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Ability to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to speak, write and read English in an understandable manner.
Each employee is responsible to uphold the Mission, Vision and Core Values established by Grand JiVanté and to adhere to the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Act in the absence of and be accountable to the Director of Environmental Services.
• Coordinate daily Environmental Services with all other Grand JiVanté Services to meet resident needs.
• Identify and take appropriate/necessary action to resolve environmental issues/concerns.
• Follow cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
• Clean assigned areas, furnishings and fixtures according to established Environmental Services procedures and standards.
• Inspect furnishings for wear and defects and report any findings to supervisor.
• Replenish supplies and report supply and equipment needs to supervisor.
• Report to supervisor or charge nurse any change in habits or physical appearance of a resident or room.
• Assist in moving residents.
• Use resources effectively and efficiently.
• Be knowledgeable of and follow Federal, State, and Grand JiVanté rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they apply to Environmental Services.
• Participate in development and delivery of departmental in-service training.
• Complete any other duties as necessary/appropriate or as assigned.
Safety and Environmental Functions
• Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
• Follow all established safety, infection control and universal precautions and procedures when performing duties and when using equipment and supplies.
• Follow routine/terminal isolation procedures.
• Implement recommendations from the Infection Control and Safety Committees as necessary.
• Report all hazardous conditions or equipment, accidents and incidents according to established guidelines.
• Understand and comply with fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
• Assure that waste is disposed of daily and in accordance with established sanitation procedures.
• Perform job duties with a positive approach, communicating a willingness to work cooperatively as part of the Grand JiVanté Team and creating an atmosphere of warmth and community.
• Anticipate, identify and respond to the needs of others in a respectful and accommodating manner.
• Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with Grand JiVanté established policies and procedures, and as instructed by supervisor.
• Is self-directed and willing to seek, act on, and evaluate new ideas and solutions.
• Attend regularly. Report to work as scheduled. Report absences according to policy.
• Attend department and staff meetings.
• Complete in-service training as required in a timely manner.
• Participate in opportunities that enhance personal and professional growth.
• Maintain confidentiality of resident information per HIPAA regulations.
• Report reasonable suspicion of crime per established policy.
• Assure that the residents’ personal and property rights are maintained by assigned personnel.
• Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
Hazardous Exposure Category
Inherent potential for contact with blood, body fluids or tissues. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks.
Physical Requirements: Lifting Requirements
Medium work—Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 poundsof force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements exceed those for light work.